From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) tincture of Pas
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:15:05

on 4/4/01 8:01 AM, Michael Straight at straight@email.unc.edu wrote:

> Too late!  I recant.  I'm convinced that vizcacha's interpretation is
> correct: Incanto means that since "Pas" now refers to Pas+Silk that "Pas"
> is present because Silk is present (I guess this is sufficiently eliptical
> that Incanto can say "Pas is here, in a sense" without admiting to himself
> that he is Silk).

I'd like to be able to agree with this, since I don't believe Silk-in-Pig
has been downloaded into Silk's body either.  But I can't.  Just because the
divine Silk is linked with Pas, it doesn't follow that Pas is present in the
human Silk.  And even if it did, I don't think Horn would say "Pas is here"
based upon Pas's presence in the human Silk unless he consciously recognized
that he was Silk.

--Adam