From: maa32 <maa32@dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Subject: (whorl) Mucor's fate
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:32:38

Since I've only read the short sun books once (quickly) I'm sure I missed
something, but in RttW it seemed to me that Mucor was quite dead and that her
manifestation on the whorl was just a spiritual residue.  Why else would
Marble leave?  (I would re-read the 3rd person narrative sections, but I don't
have the book with me).  Is Mucor explicitly around when Silk picks Marble up?
 She doesn't show up at all in the "present" timeline of the text, does she?
There's no reason for her to be left behind.
Also, the town that Pig claims he is from, then denounces as made up, is
listed as a real town in the proper names of the whorl.  Does that name mean
anything?  Could it be real, a the retractiona mere dissembling on Pig's part?
(I like the whole "Pig as godling" theory that Mr. Borski has, and I think it
works very nicely)