From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Pas on Blue
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:01:47

on 4/4/01 7:28 AM, Endymion9 at endymion9@mindspring.com wrote:

> I've seen much discussion of the passage in which Horn says that because he
> [Horn] is on the whorl, then Pas is also there.  I don't think it is that
> cryptic a passage.  I think Horn routinely makes statements that confirm he
> knows
> 1.  That Horn is dead and his body is rotting on green
> 2.  That he is in Silk's body
> He can talk about all the peripheral issues unemotionally and accept them,
> such as realizing that Silk and pieces of Pas have merged and are present in
> him.  The only thing he cannot look dead on and accept is that Hyacynth is
> dead and Silk will have to live without her now.

Do you have any references for 2?  Yes, Horn clearly knows that he died on
Green, that he is in a different body, and that everybody thinks he's Silk.
But I don't remember any passages indicating that he has drawn the obvious
inference that he is in Silk's body (prior to the talk with Remora).  Nor,
apart from the Pas-on-Blue statement, do I recall him saying anything that
shows he knows that Silk's spirit has merged with his own.

--Adam