From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Typhon's Mission
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:43:26

One problem with the cargo=cattle idea:

Even if you imagine that the cargo are being sent to set up a "real"
colony which will then be harvested in a "sustainable" manner by the
inhumani, you have the problem of why Typhon would go with them.  Pas and
his children seem to be set up to take on bodies via posession (probably
those special embryos) upon arrival and rule.  But I can't imagine Typhon
being content to rule someone else's cattle.

Maybe the inhumani *think* they're getting a shipment of cattle, but
Typhon sent a conquering army instead!  All those robot soldiers sure
aren't very edible.

Also, I don't think Tartaros is helping with the disembarkment effort
because he's following the plan of Pas or because he wants to deliver
cargo to the inhumani.  I think he just knows that the Whorl is running
down and if they stay they're all gonna die.

-Rostrum