From: Dan Rabin <wolfe-lists@danrabin.com>
Subject: (whorl) Buying a sabretache
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 21:13:39

Christopher Culver asks:

>We've all seen how useful Severian's sabertache is. Does anyone know where
>one could buy a sabertache in this modern world? Surely there is at least a
>company that makes replicas of older British uniform items somewhere.

A quick Google search on "sabretache" turns up
<http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~thinred/ceremonial.html>, an
entire catalog of British uniform items.

The sabretache goes for 1.45 hectopounds.  It doesn't look like
something _I'd_ want to wear around town, but that's just me.  The
insignia part is bigger than the pouch part on this model.

If you don't want to go for replication, the item generally known in
the U.S. as a fanny pack sounds like the nearest contemporary
approximant.

I couldn't find a site specializing in the late Commonwealth period
of Urth. If I could I'd go for the _Terminus Est_ loving reproduced
even down to the signature of Jovinian on the tang of the blade.  If
they won't sell me one, I'll have them killed in a duel and claim it
as my victor's right.

   -- Dan "Agilus believed in flower power" Rabin