From: "Robert Borski" <rborski@charter.net>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Re: Crocagators
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:18:57

Nacre has written:

<Also, as I recall (and I'm afraid that I don't have the book here for
reference, so we'll have to depend on my recollection), Fava had to
be very careful not to kill Salica when she fed from the old woman.
If Fava hadn't been living with the family at the time, she very likely
would have been less careful.  (If anyone is likely to die from the
inhumi's depredations, it would be the old, the very young, and the
sick; curiously, though, even the baby Sinew was not killed when he
was attacked.  I wonder whether this may be a clue; thank you for
bringing it up, Dan'l.)  I do have to agree with Dan'l, though; the
inhumi aren't going to kill off Blue's human population any time
soon.>

Or even at all, for as Jahlee tells Horn in IGJ p. 377, "I drink blood.
Human blood mostly. We don't kill you though. At least very often."

Granted, it's in Jahlee's best interests to fudge the truth a bit, but does
anyone that we know of in either the Long or Short books actually succumb
fatally to an inhumu's bite? I don't recollect a single person. Therefore
the comparison with leeches--who only kill those with hereditary or
spontaneous idiopathic coagulopathies--is probably dead on.

Robert Borski