From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) [SPOILERS] In Green's Jungles, first thoughts
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:55:35

> **** On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:29:44 -0700, Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net> said:
> Adam> Now that we know how Horn got into Silk's body (assuming it is
> Adam> Silk's) the question I asked about IGJ remains: why doesn't Horn know
                                           ^^^
                                   I meant OBW
> Adam> he's in Silk's body?
>
> My impression is that he does know he is in Silk's body

But, IIRC, at the start of OBW Horn is looking for Silk by circulating
Silk's physical description.  Even if Horn believed that Silk's spirit
had somehow been transferred to another physical body (as opposed to
Mainframe), there's no reason for him to think that this new body would
look like Silk's old body.

> Fava is not really an inhuma, as the "astral
> projection" sections reveal.

Fava is really an inhuma, as is Jahlee.  Their spirits are human in
appearance because they absorb their intelligence and personalities from
the humans whose blood they drink.

> There's a lot of Christian imagery too, from the "unknown
> God" of the Neighbors to the Eucharist at the stone table.

Why do you see the Neighbors' unknown god [it's lower-case in the book]
as Christian?  And why, if he is Christian (or even if he isn't) do the
Neighbors refuse to tell Horn who he is "for your sake"?  Another
mystery to ponder until RETURN.  Possibly they believe that every race
should stick to its own gods; but that's a very un-Christian sentiment
(at least un-Wolfe's brand of Christianity).

--Adam