From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) [Blue notes, spoilers, etc.]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:54:04

At 08:43 AM 10/4/99 EDT, Patrick wrote:

>But then there was that unspoken agenda which Nettle intuited--"They don't
>want us to write anymore." Not sure I get that. We're the Powers that
>be--secular and sacred: Business, Church, Law (not sure about that
>one)--conspiring to consolidate their earthly power by removing their one
>true legitimate rival--the man who wrote their history? Whose only authority
>was the fact that he tried to tell the truth? And had the means to do
>so--paper? Or are one or more of this group Inhumi collaborators?

	The book of Silk is the Gospel of Silk. Remember that the narrative
follows the gospel narrative rather closely. Silk is the closest to a
Christ-figure that Wolfe has ever written. Well, did the conservative Jews
in the book of Acts like it when the apostles preached about Jesus? Did the
Roman Emperors? No.

>Interesting that Horn's most valuable commodity--paper--is stolen almost
>immediately. He must rely on other resources.

	Yes, and WHO stole it? Surely not the person Horn actually suspected. As
you point out, the leaders of the community don't want any more gospels
from Horn.

Nutria