From: "Douglas, Wesley" <wdouglas@ehshouston.org>
Subject: RE: (whorl) Ultan's Library
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:52:01

No leave me alone!

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Jonathan Laidlow [mailto:LAIDLOJM@hhs.bham.ac.uk]
		Sent:	Thursday, April 08, 1999 8:03 AM
		To:	whorl@lists.best.com
		Subject:	(whorl) Ultan's Library

		Hello folks,

		Just delurking again for a minute.

		I've been meaning to tell you about this for some time, and
ask for
		your help. I've recently set up my own webpage (to alleviate
work
		related boredom) on my research interests, and have decided
to set up
		a Gene Wolfe section, known as Ultan's Library. I'm using
this
		website to provide scholarly resources for my research (I'm
		completing my PhD on 18th century literature this summer).

		At the moment the Library contains a working bibliography of

		secondary criticism relating to Wolfe, and an unfinished
(very!)
		catalogue of reviews of Wolfe's fiction.

		There is also a tentative plan to use the website as a
springboard to
		some kind of printed journal/newsletter containing some kind
of
		scholarly or serious discussion of Wolfe's fiction. This is
obviously
		a long way off, as the time required for such a project will
only be
		available once my PhD is finished (soon! soon!)

		Anyway, if you'd all like to come along and have a look at
the site,
		I'd appreciate your input on the many things that I have
missed.

		I'm aware of the similar work by Phil Stephensen-Payne in
'Urth-Man
		Extraordinaire', so the first stage of the project is to
cover
		material post 1990 that isn't covered by him.

		In a similar vein I'd also like to include a page which
provides a
		year by year list of Wolfe's unpublished short fiction post
1990.
		This is not a task I'm well equipped for - its very hard to
get all
		of the short fiction magazines here in the UK - so this is
where you
		come in...

		I'd be extremely grateful if you could send me any
information that
		would help expand the website, to this address:
		j.m.laidlow@bham.ac.uk, marking your emails ULTAN in the
header so
		that I can keep them separate from work-related stuff.

		The website can be found at:
		http://members.tripod.co.uk/laidlow/index.htm

		As its hosted by Tripod, you'll get a pop-up ad on the
index-page.
		Either disable your java, or close it down. it will only
appear on
		the first page you load in.

		I'll post on the list whenever major updates are done to the
site.

		Thanks again,

		Jonathan

		Jonathan Laidlow
		Modern Languages Office - Muirhead Tower 408
		University of Birmingham
		Edgbaston
		Birmingham
		B15 2TT, England
		0121 414 5976

		*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the
Long Sun.
		*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at
http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
		*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to
whorl-request@lists.best.com
*Trouble? ranjit@best.com
		*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list:
urth@lists.best.com