From: "Jonathan Laidlow" <LAIDLOJM@hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Subject: (whorl) Ultan's Library
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:02:58 GMT

Hello folks,

Just delurking again for a minute.

I've been meaning to tell you about this for some time, and ask for
your help. I've recently set up my own webpage (to alleviate work
related boredom) on my research interests, and have decided to set up
a Gene Wolfe section, known as Ultan's Library. I'm using this
website to provide scholarly resources for my research (I'm
completing my PhD on 18th century literature this summer).

At the moment the Library contains a working bibliography of
secondary criticism relating to Wolfe, and an unfinished (very!)
catalogue of reviews of Wolfe's fiction.

There is also a tentative plan to use the website as a springboard to
some kind of printed journal/newsletter containing some kind of
scholarly or serious discussion of Wolfe's fiction. This is obviously
a long way off, as the time required for such a project will only be
available once my PhD is finished (soon! soon!)

Anyway, if you'd all like to come along and have a look at the site,
I'd appreciate your input on the many things that I have missed.

I'm aware of the similar work by Phil Stephensen-Payne in 'Urth-Man
Extraordinaire', so the first stage of the project is to cover
material post 1990 that isn't covered by him.

In a similar vein I'd also like to include a page which provides a
year by year list of Wolfe's unpublished short fiction post 1990.
This is not a task I'm well equipped for - its very hard to get all
of the short fiction magazines here in the UK - so this is where you
come in...

I'd be extremely grateful if you could send me any information that
would help expand the website, to this address:
j.m.laidlow@bham.ac.uk, marking your emails ULTAN in the header so
that I can keep them separate from work-related stuff.

The website can be found at:
http://members.tripod.co.uk/laidlow/index.htm

As its hosted by Tripod, you'll get a pop-up ad on the index-page.
Either disable your java, or close it down. it will only appear on
the first page you load in.

I'll post on the list whenever major updates are done to the site.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Jonathan Laidlow
Modern Languages Office - Muirhead Tower 408
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT, England