From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (whorl) Book of Gold fanzine
Date: Sun,  1 Jun 97 19:10:00 GMT

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #7958559 from WHORL@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

(Note to Ranjit: the original message quoted by Ron Crown and Charles
Dye [raster] never arrived in my mailbox [to best of my knowledge]
nor does it appear in the archives.  Just to let you know!)

Ron Crown,

Is your question about secondary works related to a desire for an
index of them or of obtaining the artifacts themselves?

Both, obviously--but I mean, "Urth-Man Extraordinary" has a very good
index.  You mentioned "Vector" and "early 80s"--I see listings for
Vector #118 (2-84) and  #119 (4-84), as well as Vector #65 (5/6-73!).

As to securing possession of these fabled items, I have no specific
insights.

To the best of my knowledge, aided by "Urth-Man Extraordinary," Jeremy
Crampton only produced two issues of "The Book of Gold."  I, too, have
only a copy of number 2.  Jeremy is online, I believe . . .
(jcrampton@mason1.gmu.edu) if you want to ask him about it.  Who
knows--he might even agree to upload the text(s).