From: "Ron Crown, St. Louis University" <crownrw@SLU.EDU>
Subject: (whorl) Book of Gold fanzine
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 12:51:09

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

On Sat, 31 May 1997 Matthew Freestone wrote:
> From: Matthew Freestone <matthew@matthewf.demon.co.uk>
> In the now long defunct fanzine, 'The Book of Gold', Jeremy Crampton
> refers to the same aspect in Wolfe's work as 'holographic presentation'

Matthew, do you (or anyone else for that matter) know how many issues of
'The Book of Gold' were produced?  I received a copy of #2 but never heard of
any more after that.  I'm especially interested in chasing down more obscure
secondary bibliography on Wolfe as I have been keeping a file of such items
for quite a while.

There were also some articles in Vector that I came across while living
in the UK in the early 80's but I'm sure there have probably been others
since then.  Does anyone know an easy way (relatively) to get
access to such information?  (That question must sound odd coming from a
librarian!)

I have ambitions of (someday when I get the time)  producing an annotated
bibliography of secondary works on Wolfe (of which I wish there were more).

Ron Crown
Saint Louis University
crownrw@slu.edu

<--prev V5 next-->