From: Dan Rabin <danrabin@a.crl.com>
Subject: (urth) Giving Wolfe to the inexperienced
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:45:57

Tony Ellis reports success in giving Wolfe books to both sf- and
non-sf-experienced readers.

I've had an odd mix of successes myself.  At least three of my close
friends, all of whom had at least a little sf experience, are now Wolfe
fans.  One even reads them all as they come out, as I do.

On the other hand, another close friend, who keeps current in the
"mainstream" genre, whose bookshelves are filled with books of the sort
that get reviewed in the New York Times Book Revies, who has a fine head
for the human experience as presented in literature, couldn't get past page
one of _Peace_.

I can't figure it out.

  -- Dan Rabin