From: Craig Christensen <2644@mn3.lawson.lawson.com>
Subject: (urth) Wolfe's Lamarkism
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:14:00

Mark Millman,

  Thank-you for the very clear explanation of Lamarkism.  I thought I had
a passing familiarity with it, but I confess I was lumping it together
with Lysenkoism.  I recall the story of the mice clearly.

  But, what I was looking for were specific stories where Wolfe discusses
or defends his belief in Lamarkism.  Can you help me out here?

  BTW, have you read DARWIN'S CENTURY by Loren Eiseley?  He is another
favorite author of mine.  In this book he discusses all of the
discoveries of others that Darwin built his own theory upon.  I enjoyed
it, but less than his collections of essays.

Craig Christensen