From: Mark Andersen <manderse@nmsu.edu>
Subject: (urth) Re: Casting call
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:59:07

 "Alice Turner" <al@interport.net>:

> Severian: Daniel Day-Lewis
> Dorcas: Sissy Spacek. Claire Danes might do as a younger version.
> Dr. Talos: Dustin Hoffman
> Baldanders: that guy who's in the Billy Crystal movie, though it could be a
> computer-enhanced Arnold, I guess.
> The Autarch: Alec Guinness. If you want to go younger, Kevin Spacey (who
> could also do Talos).
> Vodalus: Willem DaFoe
> Thecla: Most of you are probably too young to have seen Vanessa Redgrave as
> drop-dead in -Morgan- or -Blow-Up-, but she would have been divine.
> Sigourney would have been pretty terrific too.
> Jolenta: Well, Marilyn, but can we think of someone still alive?

How about Cindy Crawford, or even better, Anna Nicole Smith? Limited
acting ability would not be a handcap for the part of Jolenta.

> Agia: I draw a blank, but it should be somebody pretty vibrant.

How about Phoebe Cates? (Although she'd make a good Valeria too,
I think).

Some additions:

Hildegrin: Brian Dennehy
Master Palaemon: John Gielgud

--
Dr. Mark C. Andersen, Department of Fishery and Wildlife Sciences
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003-0003