From: "Dan'l Danehy Oakes" <DDANEHYO@us.oracle.com>
Subject: (urth) S. Delage
Date: 12 May 98 14:52:28

William:  the smallpox bit won't wash, not in a quilt from
American Revolution times.  While the idea of leprosy coming
through infected items might have occurred to some colonists
(via the Biblical precepts thereon), it's unlikely that
anyone would have tried to pass smallpox on through germ
warfare in those pre-van-Leewenhoek days.

Craig:
> Good points, but how about this well-known quote from Hamlet?
> "Neither a borrower nor a lender be"

Umm, no.  That was Polonius; the way it's phrased it's clear
that we're talking about something Hamlet himself says.

Actually, Hamlet has a number of quotables.  Some of these
will be a bit vague on exact wording, it's been _years_, but
I'll bet you'll recognize them all.

"The time is out of joint; o cursed spite
 that ever I was born to put it right!"

"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself king
of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."

"...smile, and smile, and be a villain..."

"Get thee to a nunnery!"

"I am mad only north by northwest; when the wind is [in the
east?] I can tell a hawk from a handsaw."

Need I add that any of these, except possibly the first,
_might_ be brought to bear on S.D. ... ?

Roach