From: tony.ellis@futurenet.co.uk (Tony Ellis)
Subject: (urth) Re: Pennington covers
Date: 7 May 1998 18:08:42 +0100

07/05/98
                                                                      17:27

alga wrote:
>What about -Urth-? That had a plain
>brown cover here (Hartwell, and with him Wolfe, having changed houses), but
>I would assume they all came out from one house in the UK and would have
>matching covers.

I wish. Sadly by the time Urth came out here it was with a non-
Pennington - and quite naff - cover.

>I would love to see even a part of an artist's conception
>of that ship sailing the stars!

You and me both. Severian looks nothing like you would imagine, and
the "ship" is a normal sailing ship hanging in mid-air behind him! It looks
as ridiculous as it sounds.

Back when TBOTNS first came out Arrow re-released a number of older
Wolfe books, such as Cerberus, The Devil in a Forest, and The Death
of Doctor Island and Other Stories and Other Stories, and they all
had Pennington covers. They aren't as good as the New Sun ones, but
they still have that certain something. That Urth came out without a
Pennington cover is one of the crowning injustices of life.