From: Matthew Freestone <matthew@matthewf.demon.co.uk>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v010.n007
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:25:43 +0100

>>I do have one question I'm hoping someone here can help me with:
>>Does anyone know the artist who did the cover art for "The Book of the
>>New Sun" tetralogy?
>
>Mike,
>
>Ooooh! An easy question! I'll answer it!
>
>Don Maitz is the artist in question. I am not crazy about his covers for
>TBotNS, but I really like some of his other work. Wolfe does seem to like
>the covers, though. Maitz's first collection, _First Maitz_ (1988, ISBN
>0-942681-01-0) has an introduction by Wolfe, who says some extremely nice
>things about them. Wolfe also complements Maitz's covers elsewhere, I
>believe in _The Castle of the Otter_.

I agree that's probably the set Mike wants, but I should point out that
there are others: I have an Arrow edition from around 1987 with
(unexciting) covers by one Peter Andrew Jones. There was also an earlier
edition (not sure if this was also by Arrow) with rather nice covers by
(I think) Bruce Pennington.

Best,
Matt Freestone                  II    zzz. /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_.
matthew@matthewf.demon.co.uk    II        |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
www.matthewf.demon.co.uk/       II       '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)