From: C R Culver <CRCulver@aol.com>
Subject: Re:  (urth) Terraforming Xanthic
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 22:22:48 EDT

Mantis said:
<Fact two.  Jonas and Hethor talking some kinda foreign language(s).>

Can you provide citation for Hethor's speaking in a foreign tongue?

< That someplace important sank while they
were gone could also go towards explaining how they couldn't find a
port to land (as Jonas says about the crashlanding).>

During the First Empire, if truly an empire it was, one could find a spaceport
in any continent on Earth/Urth. I think that Jonas' crashlanding was caused,
not by the loss of a single area and its spaceport, but rather the general
loss of technology after the end of this Empire.

<(Must remember to intercorrelate Cyriaca's tale with Tale of the Boy Called
Frog . . . )>

I was about to say that can't be important, but then I remembered there was no
such thing in Wolfe's books <g>

Christopher R. Culver <crculver@aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html