From: CRCulver@aol.com
Subject: Re:  (urth) Old now is Urth, and none may count her days
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 21:22:33

Someone, I think Dave, said:
>there was enough power and energy to
>resculpt the entire face of Urth, and someone did.

     I don't think the face of the Earth was entirely rescupted. We have
little evidence in the form of graphical topography to substantiate this
claim. We know that Korea is underwater, and Urth has seven continents, both
due to Jonas' comments in _Claw_.
     The first few messages in the Urth Archive discuss a map. If someone
would be as kind as to send that to me, or give me an URL for it, I would be
grateful.

Charles Dye said:
>Severian's careless hint in chapter 1 that the universe no longer expands.
 File this one in the tens-of-gigayears-to-never range.<

     That's news to me. Would you mind typing that sentence or paragraph in?

Christopher R. Culver <crculver@aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html
"Ignorance, that light of fools steers a wayward path"
-Brendan Perry

<--prev V6 next-->