From: Peter Cash <cash@rsn.hp.com>
Subject: (urth) the Castle
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:15:54

Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net> wrote:

> ...I initially took Anne Schildler (Castleview) in a
>negative light, but she's looking for the Castle (church; kingdom of God)
>also. Thus, I think it is mainly a matter of Wolfe's writing primarily
>about male protagonists.

The castle is the Church? That hadn't come into my mind at all. What
indications are there in CASTLEVIEW that this is so? I would have
thought that the Castle represented the power of imagination and of
myth, and served as a reminder that reality is not necessarily as we
think it is. What Christian symbolism did you see in the Castle? How can
it be the Kingdom of God if it is inhabited by such signally
un-Christian personages as Morgana and Thor (leading the Wild Hunt)?

Hmmm. There _were_ gargoyles...I'll grant you that. And how many candles
were there in the empty room?

--
            Peter T. Cash -- Documentation Systems Development
   	             Hewlett-Packard, Convex Division,

<--prev V2 next-->