From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
Subject: RE: (whorl) Revelation-BOTLS
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:00:28

Alga:

This is cool. Whether or not it is an actual "reference," it's interesting
to observe a few contrasts - aside from the non-accusatory nature of Silk's
enlightenment, for example, the fact that Silk then continues and wins his
game. I don't know if this is exactly a Catholic difference, but it does
seem related to Silk's later observation -- from memory, my copy is at home
-- to the effect that "perhaps that is what free will is: the grace of being
permitted to co-operate with what is going to happen anyway." There is a
kind of casualness to Silk's enlightenment, the sense that, okay, he's been
enlightened, and now everything is different (for him), and yet everything
is still the same...

--Blattid