From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n101
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:16:42

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Timothy Reilly wrote:

> And really, what _is_ all this stuff about the past, future or present "gods
> of Blue"?  Some seem to be space aliens (the Mother), some Long Sun computer
> scans of human beings (Pas et al) that in some unexplained way may or may
> not in future take up residence on Blue, some are related to the Neighbours,
> PLUS there's the "real" God the Outsider.  How many gods does a planet need?

The best estimate I can make, based on my available sample of one planet,
is thousands and thousands (Thor, Aphrodite, Molech, Baal, Allah, YHWH,
Jesus, Shiva, Ganesha, Aura Mainyu, Cuchullin, Gaia, Isis, Ra, Brahma,
Kartar, Thetans, the August Personage of Jade, Cthulhu...).  Some seem to
be space aliens, some seem to be deified human beings that may or may not
in the future take up residence on Earth, some are related to indigenous
peoples, PLUS there's the "real" God...

-Rostrum