From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
Subject: RE: (whorl) To Adam: Christ in Eden
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:25:26

> Nor, for that matter, does Silkhorn's behavior on Blue strike me as
> being particularly Christ-like, despite Hoof's description of him as
> frighteningly good. (The more I think about this description, the
> more it seems to me like cheating by Wolfe: an attempt to evoke by
> fiat a reaction that his portrayal of Silkhorn hasn't made us feel.)

Ummmm... I think, maybe, that Mr Wolfe does not _intend_ us to have
the reaction to (Hoof'n'Hide's) Silk|Horn* that we had to Horn's Silk.

* Nice formulation, William!

On the other hand, it's interesting how effective the Narr _is_ in
dealing with problems in Gaon, in Soldo/Blanko, and in Dorp,
apparently by "assuming the virtue," acting to the best of his
ability as he believed Silk would act. (I imagine a future
generation of Bluvians wearing "WWSD?" buttons.)

--Blattid