From: jmcazurin <mikah@info.com.ph>
Subject: RE: (whorl) mechAnIsm of consciousness
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:52:43 +0800

Rostrum wrote:
>I'm also reminded now of Catholic veneration of relics.  If a leg bone of
>a saint is venerated and can be a source of miracles, then it implies that
>something of the saint's "personness" continues to inhere in his body even
>after the soul has departed.

One might also say that it is the faith of venerators in physical relics
that is the wellspring of miracles, and not the relics themselves.

Of course, the relics have first to perform a miracle before they get
venerated. Chicken and egg problem?

I'm remembering Severian's observation about all claws being sacred claws.

Mikah
(my name seems to make me a chem)