From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) RTTW spoilers, crutch of Horn
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:40:39

on 2/17/01 10:36 PM, Michael Andre-Driussi at mantis@sirius.com wrote:

> On to the new topic: if we can agree that "Horn is a crutch," and I can
> readily go along with that, then suddenly I find myself asking "why?"

Good question.  There are actually two questions: why does Horn's spirit go
away, and why does it go away when it does?  Both are mysteries.  I can't
help thinking it must have something to do with the "coincidences" that Horn
is dying at the same time that Silk is either dying or attempting suicide,
and that the Neighbor picks Silk's body to transfer Horn's spirit into.

The thought occurred to me that maybe in some non-literal sense Silk and
Horn are the same person even before the spirit transfer, that Horn is the
Silk who didn't run back after Hyacinth but followed the plan of Pas, as
Mint put it (the twin-theme you mention again).  I don't know if this makes
any sense or not; I'm just throwing it out as possible food for thought.

--Adam