From: James Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Quadrifons
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:59:20

	Quadrifons is a cherub. (Ezekiel chapter 1). Also, thus, a sphinx.
	The cherubim guard the gate of Eden, which is now the Church. Passing into
the Edenic garden, we pass by the cherub Quadrifons. It is Olivine's
garden, the Garden on Mount Olivet, where Jesus so often met with His
disciples.
	Then we have a full liturgy. We must wash ourselves, a symbol of
cleansing, so Horn takes a bath, removing his old soiled clothing and
receiving new ones. We have the opening of the word (the writings) and a
sermon. Then we have holy communion. Also, since we are  present with all
the saints, living and departed, we have reflections on Horn's encounter
with his father, whom he had thought was dead. Finally, moved and
transformed a bit by the liturgy, Olivine is enabled to make a sacrifice of
her own as a response.
	Now, who or what is a Quadrifons? Well, there are two basic theories
regarding the cherubim. The first is that they are mighty angels, and this
is the majority read. But a minority maintains that the cherubim are
theophanies of God, and not creatures. Wolfe says that Quadrifons is an
aspect of the Outsider, so it seems he is using this second theory.

Patera Nutria