From: BMeyer7@aol.com
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n047
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:13:41 EST

<< Woo-hoo! I finally found the passage I was looking for in IGJ.

 What seems to have thrown many of us off in RTTW is that only Horn/Silk's
 arm injuries are mentioned when the farmer's wife attempts to clean him up,
 whereas this is how Horn describes the situation upon waking up after
 transfusion into Silk:

 "[I] found myself upon my knees besides the open coffin of a middle-aged
 woman. My hands and arms and face and neck were all bleeding, and an old,
 worn knife covered with blood was by my hand. There was no one else in the
 poor little house in which I knelt, and almost nothing in it that was not
 torn or broken." (p. 127)

Forgive me if this has previously been discussed, but I'm reading all kinds
of theories about how Silk and Hyacinth ended up this way--suicide, a bomb,
an attack.  Has anyone thought about the following?  Silk's wife is dead,
he's beside the body covered in blood holding a bloody knife, nobody else is
there, there are signs of a struggle. He then suppresses all memory of the
events, including his own identity and wanders the world(s) trying to do good
deeds and talking about what a bad, unworthy person he is (and committing a
rape along the way for no apparent reason). Did Silk kill Hyacinth!?  I know
it's painful to think of our beloved Silk, but it certainly seems to merit
discussion as at least a strong possibility.