From: <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n047
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:03:29

From: Kieran Cleary <kcleary@jb.man.ac.uk>> Subject: Re: (whorl) Pig,
Godling

> Alga,
>
> Couldn't agree more re Pig. Did he like deciphering that dialect? He
did
> nae!

It fashed my een! And my kin are Scottish on my mother's side--which
made it all the more irritating! I know where your kin are from despite
that "uk" in your address....

> The encounter with the godling struck me as very similar to one of
Sev's
> meetings with Juturna ('I would save you'), or with the hierodules,
where
> they kneel before him. In a sense, the godling is a debased version of
> hierodule, and recognises Silk as the 'holy one'.

Well, yes. But I do think the operative word is "debased." I love
Juturna and the hierodules and think they are used *extremely* well by
the author (especially in that last book that some on this list like to
put down), but as I said in an earlier post, the godling, to me, seems
like a Hollywood special effect that serves no purpose other than cover
art.

-alga