From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@ungames.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) RTTW spoilers, mea culpa
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:05:40

At 01:07 PM 2/13/01 +0000, Adam wrote:
>I hope you won't be offended if I ask you where this intuition comes from.
>I'm sure you understand the book much better than me, but I honestly don't
>recall anything which even suggests that Silk's spirit is absent from his
>body when Horn's spirit is transferred in, and is "reloaded" from Pig after
>the operation (if I understand your position correctly).

To me, the giveaway that there's a huge amount of Silk in "the protagonist"
from the moment that Horn moves into his body is the amount of minutiae
that he displays about the religion of Pas and the Children while on the
_Whorl_.

I know the conversation about "what do you call it when you read the future
from the flight of birds?" is with Pig, and I believe he does a full
exegesis of an excerpt from the Chrasmological Writings before the scene
Michael discusses. The Chrasmomancy in particular strikes me as being
unmistakably Silk; in fact, while reading the novel I felt it was somewhat
out of character for Horn to be so Silkian. I should know better.....

Anyway, refresh my memory. Does the protagonist indulge in Chrasmomancy
before he gives his eye to Pig? If so, I'd say that's strong evidence that
he's largely Silk from the moment they merge.

--
   Kevin Maroney | Unplugged Games
   kmaroney@ungames.com | (212) 777-1190