From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@ungames.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Clute review - spoilers?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:20:00

At 01:00 PM 1/30/01 -0800, sh wrote:
>Hi, on SciFi Weekly there is a Review of RttW.
>Will someone please read it and let me know if there
>are any spoilers in it? I've barely started RttW
>and don't want to be spoiled.

My judgment is that Clute casually reveals the resolution of the primary
mystery of the novel, but it is not instantly clear that he is doing so.
More correctly, I think that if I had read this review before reading the
novel, I would have felt that he had spoiled the ending, but actually all
of the pieces are there long before the ending.

If you're planning on reading RTW anyway (and the fact that you are posting
to this list, or reading it, or, for the greater outside audience, reading
its archives leads me to believe that you do so intend), I would recommend
reading the review, but only after the novel; Clute's description of the
novel is quite haunting.

--
Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@ungames.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction