From: "Mr Mnemonic" <mrmnemonic@hotmail.com>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n008
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:25:08

>From: Jacob G Corbin <webmaster@afriendlysbooks.com>
>
>I hereby bet everyone on this list fifty cents apiece that the giant figure
on RETURN TO THE WHORL's cover is either a) the Outsider, b) Silk, c)
Silk/Pas, d) >Gene Wolfe, or e) some mixture of any of the above.

A) The Outsider?  As Steve (Redhaven1) has already said, that seems a bit
unlikely
B) Silk?  I seriously doubt it.  Silk is always described as a thin,
handsome young man.  That giant guy doesn't look thin or handsome.
C) Passilk?  Probably not, because Silk doesn't look like the giant, and the
giant only has one head
D) Gene Wolfe?  Coincidence, nothing more, I'm willing to bet
E) Mixture of the above?  Seriously doubt it, once again

As James Jordan said, all the covers show things that happen in the book.
So I say we just wait and see (and hope Gene Wolfe doesn't decide to make a
cameo in his latest book ;o)

-Mnemonic