From: jclute@cix.compulink.co.uk (John Clute)
Subject: Re: (whorl) Pretty impressive, Alex
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:26 +0100 (BST)

Still trying to get a chronological sort on what's been said and where in
this list.
        Noticed the reference to Moses. How old is this list? My own
reference to Silk as Moses was written in 1996, for a _NYRSF_ review of
_Exodus from the Long Sun_ . I didn't credit anyone, or any pattern of
thought, for the image--and would have, had I known I was stirring a broth
that had already been cooked.
        Not that being the first to think something is the same as being
the first to think it well--but one of the reasons I joined WHORL was to
try to keep from reinventing the wheel.

Best,
John C