From: William Ansley <wansley@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) In Green's Cover
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:47:08

>Got the book today and brought it home. And hid it from my houseguest!
>Whoa--that cover! An amalgam of Ben Franklin and Joe Lieberman takes a
>stroll with an octopoidal Highwayman! No, I couldn't face the (at best)
>politely raised eyebrows or (worse) outright snickering that would have
>been my lot had this been openly displayed!
>
>-alga

I agree, as I think many, if not all, reading this do. The IGJ cover
makes the OBW cover look, well, less bad in comparison.

It would have been very easy to make attractive, elegant and (I would
think) inexpensive covers for the three books. Make each book's cover
a single photograph, with the title and author superimposed in a
contrasting color. For OBW, an aerial view of an empty expanse of
ocean; for IGJ, an aerial view of a solid jungle canopy; for RTTW, a
star field. It may turn out that my third cover is inappropriate when
the book actually comes out and I am sure that no one else will be as
fond of these cover ideas as I am, but most of you will probably
agree that it would be an improvement.

William Ansley
--
William Ansley