From: Sheila Herndon <skherndon@yahoo.com>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n104
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:16:18

--- whorl-errors@lists.best.com wrote:
> > Severian's *Book of Gold*, to a *Book of Silk*,
> and
> > now a *Book of Horn*.  Likewise, our protagonists

Oh, a new tangentical thought on materials- true
dreams come through the gates of ivory, and false
dreams comes through the gates of horn -
someone correct this if I am wrong, as I do not
know the source of this folklore and have only
read from secondary sources, a Seamus Heaney
poem, and a comic book.

so anyway, wonder if Wolfe meant to allude to the
Gates of Horn when naming Horn (if it is the case
that the allusion is to some old folklore).

sh