From: "Alice Turner" <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n087
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:17:36

> >Mssr. Newt, my memory fails also as to whether
> >Hyacinth was an engineered embryo, though Silk and
> >Chenille sure were. Anyone? How about a few characters
> >not much speculated on, or even, eek, _all_ the, uh
> >human Whorl denizens? (just spitballin here...)
> >

> Could any of you tell me either where you read this or how you figured it
> out?  I am finding that I have missed many of the things you all have
> discussed and that my skill in literature analysis is not too high.

Well, if you kept on reading, you'll have found that we agreed that there is no evidence of this, that the above memory was faulty. Of course, there is no firm evidence that it's not true, either, and Hy does seem surprising in a number of ways--so we can't say for sure.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but since you seem to be female, a proper Vironese name for you would have to be vegetable rather than animal.

-alga