From: ansible@cix.co.uk (David Langford)
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n078
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:08 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Alga bloomed:

[quoting me]

> > When members of this very list posed a number of questions to Wolfe
> > back in 1997, Q27 and Wolfe's answer went as follows:
> >
> >  Is Pike's ghost really Quetzal?
> >  No.
>
>  Oh, who cares what he says! I'm sticking to my guns.

Right on! What does he know? Besides, in an on-line chat elsewhere, Wolfe
also remarked that Quetzal was not the only one of his kind on the Whorl.
So maybe the answer would have been different if we'd put the question in
the form, "Was 'Pike's ghost' a member of Quetzal's species?" Ah, the joys
of hindsight.

Dave

David Langford
ansible@cix.co.uk | http://www.ansible.co.uk/