From: Alex David Groce <Alex_Groce@gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) The Ring
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:03:23

Actually, the whole ring business is going to bother me until I know what
is going on with it, because it reminds me of something very strongly:
Thomas Covenant.  Yes--Horn rapes Seawrack, and she gives him a white/gold
ring with mysterious powers; as Covenant raped Lena, who (did she?  I don't
really remember) gives him a white-gold ring with mysterious powers.  If it
was anything else, I'd say the reference was obvious, but I so disliked the
Covenant books that I'm really hoping that future events will convince me this
resemblance is purely accidental.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+@cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department