From: Alastair Reynolds <areynold@estsa2.estec.esa.nl>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: those darned ambiguities
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:02:45 +0100 (MET)

Alex:

> MAYBE it was just Mucor (or have we been told she can only possess humans?)
> but something fishy is definitely going on in this bit.  Pun intended.

How does Mucor's possession ability work? Maybe I missed something
(very likely) but it seems hard to rationalise her talent with an
underlying SF-nal explanation, in the usual Wolfe manner. I probably
need to re-read TBOTLS...

I'm about a third of the way through OBW and enjoying it immensely.
Very puzzled by Seawrack, and (as was noted here by other readers),
Horn's nonchalant attitude to her missing arm. Oh well...I'm sure it
will all become clear in the end...not!

Al