From: "Kieran Cleary" <kierannwn@tinet.ie>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Inhumu's secret
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:51:01

Ram wrote:

>does Jahlee seem "dumber" after she drinks cow's blood? <

Maybe. When Horn exhumes Jahlee, he says:

Horn: "I warn you, if you will not [obey me] I am going to spread my
knowledge everywhere...."
Jahlee: ..."What do you want from me?"...
Horn: .."You are quick."...
Jahlee: "I used to be. Tolerably so." [p.315-316]

On the other hand, she's able to come up with some pretty sly rejoinders:

Horn: "It's just occurred to me that you inhumi are rather like a kind of
lizard I've noticed in my garden.It can change colors, and because of its
size and shape, and because it remains so still, it is easy to take one for
a pice of brown bark, or a green leaf, or even the flesh-colored petal of a
rose. While I acknowledge that you inhumi are a much higher form of life, it
seems to me that the principle is the same."
Jahlee: ..."You are correct, Rajan". [p.317]

Which I take to mean, Yes we are a superior form of life, Rajan.

A thought struck me recently: how on earth could Green be Lune (this from
someone who quite likes that idea)? I mean, are we to seriously expect Horn
to bounce his way around the jungles Neil Armstrong-like in search of Auk?

Kieran C.