From: "Alice Turner" <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (whorl) Seawrack
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:10:28

> From: "William H. Ansley"
> OK, all of you people who think Wolfe always has a reason for everything
he
> writes (you know who you are!), what is the reason for Seawrack's missing
> right arm?

[snip]

> Is Seawrack really missing an arm or is Horn being mislead somehow?
> ("Prepare for mind control!" -Evil, in the film _Time Bandits_.)

> From: Alex David Groce
 At the end of OBW, I pity Seawrack, and think no ill of her,
> but I have a sneaking suspicion that the hints dropped and Krait's evident
> distrust of her may indicate that she's less innocent and good than she
seems.

I'm in this camp. To start with, Seawrack was a gift from a mysterious
entity, and surely we've learned to beware of such gifts. Krait's suspicion
is a real clue too--in his maunderings, Horn speaks of future deeds on Green
with a real love for Krait, but I don't recall anything of the sort re
Seawrack. Now that Wm. points it out, I too find that arm thing odd, though
I do think it's really missing. (Perhaps she can grow it back?) Especially
since native fauna all seem to have multiple limbs.

-alga