From: Alex David Groce <Alex_Groce@gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: (blue) Notes from a 2nd reading [SPOILERS]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 13:03:00

>13. Who was in the trees calling for Babbie? "Someone on the shore called
>again for Babbie" [p.377] And who did Horn find in the forest? "I found him
>in the forest, sitting in the dark under the trees" [p.378]

Babbie, I think.

Hmmm...  This listing makes very clear just how much is hinted at but not
answered in OBW.  I think that, by comparison, SHADOW OF THE TORTURER left
a lot less openly hanging threads to tie together.  Most of the major
mysteries of NEW SUN were suddenly revealed, things we'd never have expected,
doors opened in the walls reshaping our reactions to everything--Vodalus the
Autarch's agent, etc.  If SHORT SUN follows the same path, then given the
level just of the mysteries we expect to be resolved, we're in for some shocks.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+@cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department