From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Horn "Help"
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:37:26

At 05:18 PM 10/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>An Enraged Enormous Rat is something to see, all right, horrid red eyes
>aglow, lice-ridden fur bristling, slimy fangs dripping...
>
>But I digress. The Rat wrote:
>
> How dare you imply that I'd forgotten Nettle's help? Don't forget that
>Nutria's eat Vizcachas alive bite by bite (whatever Vizcachas are)! Hyoomr
>aside, I still find it hard to understand how either of them could have
>known many, many of the things in TBLS. Inventing "typical" dialogue is a
>long way from the large stretches of material they had to learn from other
>people, and I'm having trouble thinking of how they might have learned all
>this stuff, and from whom. But what I really need to do is re-read the
>Quartet through Horn's eyes, and see if it is really possible that he and
>Nettle could have written it without "supernatural" help. Has anyone done
>this?
>
>Yes, indeedy-doody. The four gospeleers of the NT come to mind instantly,
>writing decades, and dubiously, after the death of their biographee. If you
>throw Thomas in, five gospeleers.
>
>-alga

Alga! Talk about slime! ;)
	Each of us has her/his own view of the origination of the gospels. What
matters here is what Wolfe's view is, and it's not what you describe. Since
BLS and OBW are highly theological novels, its important to assess what the
author had in mind....
	Unless one is a deconstructionist, I guess. Algae is kind of amorphous, so
maybe.... ;)

Slobbering Rat-face