From: "Alice Turner" <akt@ibm.net>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n015
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:18:45

> From: "Greg Neyman" <Greg.Neyman@gte.net>
> >
> >From: Redhaven1@aol.com
>

> >Hey, what ever happened to Sand, Hammerstone, and the rest of the
>soldiers
> when the 'Cargo' left the whorl?  Was this just meant to be left >hanging,

snip

> three months ago, Josh Smith suggested that ... OK, by the numbers
>
> 1)  Typhon made contact with Inhumi, while his interstellar empire was at
> it's glory
>
> 2) agreed to send "tribute" of human cargo
>
> 3) WHOOPS!  did he forget to tell the Inhumi of the LEGIONS of mechanical
> invasion warriors he'd be sending?  Must have slipped his mind :) !
>
> so basically, the whole whorl was a Trojan horse ... a scheme of Typhon's
> take over the Inhumi with an  invasion force that could dominate, one that
> the Inhumi wouldn't have power over ... and that's why the chems have
human
> personalities .... because once the humans were devoured, they'd have to
be
> in charge of the campaign
>
> OK, that's it for now .. Hat

Hi Hat,

Well remembered. But the trouble is--and you can check this out in the
archives--Wolfe has explicitly denied Typhon's having prior knowledge of the
nature of the inhumi and quite probably even *of* the inhumi. Variations on
the idea of the cargo as "cattle" for the inhumi turned up several times
when this group was younger (!). It was a pet of mine for a while, but
someone, I forget who, asked him flat out about it and he denied it.

-alga