From: Patri10629@aol.com
Subject: Re: (whorl) Wolfe News--from the Horse's Mouth
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:57:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/99 11:57:32 PM, wansley@warwick.net writes:

<<
So, the next time you meet Wolfe, just if you feel like it, you could ask
him for me, does he think we're all out of our minds?

Dear William, et all,

Be glad to ask him. But I can hazard a guess: he is immensely flattered. At
dinner he mentioned how pleased he was with Mantis's work. (Sorry. Michael--I
can't recall the exact words!) And we are, of course, all lower incarnations
of the original probing mantis.

Hey, this is a man who spends his life trying to give pleasure to readers.
Imagine how gratifying it must be to be regarded and analyzed so seriously.
If we meant nothing to him he wouldn't be so proud of his tributes and
awards. You don't think all those puns, jokes and puzzles are for his private
gratification?

And, of course, he thinks wer'e out of our minds:)

best as always,

Patrick