From: areynold@estsa2.estec.esa.nl (Alastair Reynolds)
Subject: Re: (whorl) new book
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:23:45 +0100 (MET)

Rostrum:

> > I believe those are Wolfe's favorite covers, as well. Certainly they're
> > beautiful.
>
> Do I remember someone having pictures of those covers on the web?  I don't
> think I've ever seen them, and I would like to.
>
> -Rostrum

I found Claw of the Conciliator here, without the overlaid text of the
cover:

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/33/bruce1.htm

(a lovely scan by the way)

and scans of the actual covers, with blurbs etc, here:

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~ajellis/WolfeArt.htm

Real jaw-dropping stuff - Severian looking stunning in fuligin
(it's the new black).

Al

(apologies for this not being strictly relevant to LS anymore - although
isn't Severian rumoured to make an appearance in the Short Sun books?)