From: Derek Bell <dbell@maths.tcd.ie>
Subject: (whorl) Black Mechanics, Golems & Chems, oh my!
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:23:40 +0000

	It's just struck me that there may be a possibility of a
golem-like legend on the Whorl. One version of the legend of the golem
tells of an incident where the golem is told to fill a bath, but not
to stop when it's full enough, with the result that the golem went into an
infinite loop, constantly filling the bath. Now I wonder if a chem
ever went into such a loop on the Whorl, either through accident or
deliberate sabotage. Hmmm... Gene Wolfe could make a whole novel out
of that!

	Derek