From: mary whalen <marewhalen@yahoo.com>
Subject: (whorl) Blood's parents
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:39:20

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

When I looked over the Whorl Archives here, I was amazed to learn that
Blood's father was Patera Pike.  I also read the discussion of clues
in the text about this.  I don't have much to add, but when I looked
over the book, the first thing I noticed was that Blood only asked
Silk if Rose and Pike were still at the manteion. I guess if one kept
this in mind, as Wolfe would probably want a reader to, it could be a
partial clue after we learn that Rose was his mother and that he knew
this.  Of course, I doubt that anyone could remember this or even
connect it without knowledge beforehand.

An even less significant clue, which I wouldn't even mention if the
author weren't Wolfe, who loves clues with names, but all three of
their names begin with similar letters, each a specific one:  P R B.
As I said, very slight.

prion