From: John Gersten <jgersten@slip.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Cards
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:11:26

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Michael Straight wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Sean Whalen wrote:
>
> > The use of the computer cards as currency always seemed a little
> > strange, and I have a theory about why this came about.  Basically,
> > Typhon didn't want the crew of the Whorl to be able to betray him

> I think this makes sense.  I'll just add that the breaking of cards into
> bits is a tragedy unforseen by Typhon (not to mention a nifty pun).
> Except I don't know enough economics to guess how plausible it is cards
> could have once been common currency and changed so that for most peasants
> they represent a huge sum.

Is is a certainty that, once broken into bits (so to speak), the cards
cannot ever be re-integrated?

That question aside, I agree with Sean's original post, though I'd never
thought about it that way before <grin>.

John (a newbie who is delighted to find this list isn't completely silent
after all -- I feel like I just had a theophany via pine! <g>)