From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Typos
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:16:58

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

At 03:47 PM 9/10/97 GMT, Mantis wrote:

>These days I hold my breath and hope that more typos aren't added.
><cue: ranting about omnibus of Vance's PLANET OF ADVENTURE> Your
>mention of it makes me think fleetingly of submitting a list of clear
>typos (nevermind those two stealthies), but nah, that would only make
>me more crazy.

	Could you or someone post the places where the typos in Long Sun are located?

>Interesting point, re: the unambiguous/beat-reader-over-head with
>Christianity mode of C.S. Lewis.  Can we take this a little further?
>My personal sense of Cordwainer Smith is that his work is somewhat
>closer to the mode of Lewis than the mode of Wolfe (I readily admit I
>prefer Smith over Lewis).  Would you agree?  (How about you, alga?)

	Jumping in, I myself much prefer Smith to Lewis, and agree that he is not
ambiguous (though sometimes difficult). Thematically he is (was) very close
to Wolfe, but stylistically quite different, no?

Nutricious

<--prev V7 next-->